Monday, June 10, 2019
1 – 5pm
As Chile moves closer to implementing the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) of classification and labelling in line with the requirements of the United Nations and the OECD, this will understandably pose new challenges to companies operating in Latin America who will be required to standardize the classification of hazards and labelling of chemicals products before placing them on the market. Utilizing Yordas Group's extensive experience of supporting companies Hazard Communication requirements globally, this pre-conference workshop will cover current and expected Hazard Communication requirements in Chile, practical classification exercises, and provide an expert opinion on possible future developments following the implementation of GHS.
The afternoon workshop on Monday, June 10, 2019 will:
- Provide a brief introduction to GHS and highlight the current implementation status in Latin America.
- Consider the existing standards for Classification, Labelling and SDS in Chile.
- Cover the content of the Safety Data Sheet including regional differences, consistency between sections and identifying reliable sources of information.
- Facilitate delegate participation in practical GHS classification and labelling exercises for substances and mixtures.
- Discuss managing the transition to GHS: balancing current and future requirements.
- Explore how classification may impact on the future management of hazardous chemicals in Chile including: chemical notifications, risk assessments, restrictions, authorizations, or specific packaging requirements.